The HandPunch® GT-400 offers the flexibility of a full-function time and attendance terminal while utilizing advanced biometric technology verification technology. With the HandPunch you can improve record-keeping accuracy, mitigate risk, increase employee productivity and provide greater peace of mind for yourself and your employees.
Since the user is identified by hand geometry – the unique size and shape of his or her hand – costly “buddy punching” is eliminated. This means that one employee can’t punch in for the other.
Coupled with a software provider, the HandPunch GT-400 delivers tangible benefits every day. In fact, when used properly the initial cost of the HandPunch GT-400 can be paid back in less than nine months.
Features and Benefits:
- Dramatically reduces payroll costs
- Easily integrates with workforce management software packages
- 8 ATM-style soft function keys make dynamic labeling a snap
- 8 inch QVGA display lets users access more information per screen
- Large LED light bar for easy visual response from unit
- Antimicrobial coating on the platen helps inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and fungi, and remains active for the life of the device
- No fingerprints or palm prints are used
- Works effectively in environments where the user’s hand or the device may get dirty, dusty or damp
What is Hand Geometry?
Hand geometry measures the size and shape of a person’s hand, including length, width, thickness, and surface area to verify the person’s identity. In conjunction with a PIN number or the swipe of a card, the enrolled individual can punch in for work. Hand readers do not read fingerprints or palm prints.
- “Buddy Punching”, i.e. punching in for someone else, is eliminated since credentials cannot be duplicated
- Hand geometry accurately identifies the user even if his or her hand is dirty, wet or injured, or if the device is damp, dusty or dirty
- No fingerprint or palm print is stored in the device
- Data is not shared with any outside agencies or companies
- Verification takes place in about one second
- Since the “credential” cannot be lost or stolen there is no cost to replace lost, damaged or stolen cards